Green Jobs Summit
22 June 2010
ippr’s first Green Jobs Summit is for grassroots and local-level organisations who have an interest in helping to stimulate decent jobs in emerging ‘green’ sectors. Our distinguished panel of speakers will provide examples of innovative ‘bottom up’ initiatives that are helping to provide new green employment opportunities both in the UK and the USA.
The event will provide an excellent opportunity to discuss new ideas and to network with like-minded organisations. We hope that the event will be attended by representatives from trade unions, social justice and environmental campaigns, local councils, social enterprises, environmental industries, service providers, regional bodies and welfare to work providers.
9am – 5pm, Central London location
Places for this event are limited. To reserve a place, please RSVP to Kandida Purnell.
• Barbara Byrd – Secretary Treasurer, Oregon Apollo Alliance, USA
• Joel Rogers – Director, Center on Wisconsin Strategy, USA
• Robin Oakley – Climate Campaign Manager, Greenpeace
• Matt Kepple – Youth Commission for Social Enterprise and Social Enterprise Ambassador
• David Still – Managing Director, Clipper Windpower Europe
• Sue Ferns, Head of Research, Prospect
• Maria Adebowale – Director, Capacity Global
• Jon Morris – Board member, Localise West Midlands
• Tess Gill – Commissioner for Work and Skills, Sustainable Development Commission (chair)
• Jeremy Leggett – Founder, Solar Century
Kandida Purnell, tel 0207 470 6121 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Project – Communities for Green and Decent Jobs: www.ippr.org/research/teams/project.asp?id=3820&tID=3571&pID=3820